Re: [Xen-users] compiling linux-2.6.10-xen0 custom kernel udefined funct

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] compiling linux-2.6.10-xen0 custom kernel udefined function
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 15:37:23 +0100
Cc: Daniel Meinhold <daniel.meinhold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Pio <piosland82@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 20 May 2005 14:36:50 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I got the same error on Debian 3.1 (sarge) with xen 2.0.5 stable and
> testing.
> After trying several kernel options the solution was just easy:
>
> try e.g. "make ARCH=xen all" - the "ARCH=xen" seems to be important, not
> only for menuconfig.

If you specify it for menuconfig, you'll end up with a load of Xen options
set.  If you don't specify it for the actual build, then it'll try to build
some Xen drivers but not the core Xen functionality - it then gets very
confused :-)

So, as you say, specifyithng ARCH=xen to all Linux "make" invocations is the
Right Thing To Do :-)

Cheers,
Mark