Re: [Xen-users] xen on suse 9.3 and software raid

> Note for the boot messages below, I am using raid1
> but I only have one disk attached! The other disk of the
> pair has data on it that I don't want to wipe. I believe
> using just the one disk did not affect the outcome.

It shouldn't, yes.  That is the point of having a raid ;)

> Linux version 2.6.11.4-20a-xen (geeko@buildhost) (gcc version 3.3.5

> Kernel command line: root=/dev/system/dom0_root  selinux=0
                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hmm, that looks strange.  Shouldn't that be /dev/md0?
How do your grub entries look like?  What boot messages
do you get when booting the default kernel?

> raidautorun ...
> done...
> Waiting for device /dev/system/dom0_root to appear: .  Unable to find
> volume group "system"
> .  Unable to find volume group "system"
> .  Unable to find volume group "system"
> .  Unable to find volume group "system"
> .  Unable to find volume group "system"
>   Reading all physical volumes.  This may take a while...
>   No volume groups found
>   Unable to find volume group "system"

Hmm, tries to activate lvm.  Doesn't find volume groups.  Not
that surprising ...

> $ ls /sys/block
> hda    loop1  loop4  loop7  ram1   ram12  ram15  ram4  ram7
> hdb    loop2  loop5  md0    ram10  ram13  ram2         ram5  ram8
> loop0  loop3  loop6  ram0   ram11  ram14  ram3         ram6  ram9

So md0 is there, good.

> $ cat /sys/block/md0/dev
> 9:0

Fine.

> $ cat /sys/block/md0/size
> 0

Hmm.  Not sure whenever this is a problem.

  Gerd

--
-mm seems unusually stable at present.
        -- akpm about 2.6.12-rc3-mm3