Re: [Xen-users] NTP time issues DomU's

yes, changing this value allowed domU independent syncing, thank you very much!!

i agree on the config file option if possible ...

On Thu, 12 May 2005, Tupshin Harper wrote:

Ian Pratt wrote:

yeah, i'm already doing that, I was just saying, it *seemed*
like they were getting their time from domain0, and weren't
actually changing their own clocks in accordance with syncing
with the same ntpd server.

especially since they're all off by exactly the same amount
... and running ntpdate doesn't seem to have any effect whatsoever?

If you don't run ntp in the domU's, it should just work.

If you want to run ntp in the domU, try:
echo 1 > /proc/sys/xen/independent_wallclock

I guess we could be smarter about this, and make the wall clock
independent automatically if someone does an adjtimex syscall. Anyone
got any comments on this?

Ian

Don't auto-detect based on adjtimex. It would be too easy and too
confusing to accidentally make such a call once, and then not realize
that you would no longer be auto-synchronized.

Instead, make independent_wallclock be a config file option that is
overridable by proc.

-Tupshin