Re: [Xen-users] max loopback devices

Le mercredi 11 mai 2005 à 13:45 -0700, andrew mathes a écrit :
> I can't seem to increase the # beyond 8 ...

if you have compiled loop device directly in kernel, then max number of
device should be specified via grub command line

_but_ if you have compiled it as modules, then you got to passe
max_loop=x as argument to the modprobe command

ie: # modprobe loop max_loop=32

you may also need to create more device node, check your /dev/loop*

or, maybe the modules is autloaded during boot time, with  num of device
set to 8 ( default value ). you should configure your autoloader to pass
max_loop=x to it

hopes this helps

cheers
--