Re: [Xen-users] Xen on VT processors

To: xen user <xen.user@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen on VT processors
From: Rik van Riel <riel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 01:03:19 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 05:03:06 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 29 Apr 2005, xen user wrote:

> 1. check if the processor is IVT enabled or not

According to xen/arch/x86/vmx.c, when the start_vmx() function
succeeds it should print "VMXON is done".  You can see whether
your xen printed this at boot time by typing "xm dmesg".

> 2. build and run Xen for IVT enabled processors

The vmx*.o files are built and linked in by default.

This is on the -unstable branch.