[Xen-users] Mail server inside domU

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Mail server inside domU
From: "Lars E. D. Jensen | DCmedia" <ledj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:32:48 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 10:25:32 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi list

I have my doubts using file backed vbd for a mail server, but I would like to
since it's so easy to maintain and move around.
There's a lot of small files being written all the time and the mail server
currently has 539 users spread over several real domains (domain.tld), is it
complete idiotic to use a file backed vbd for this?

And how does it influence other domUs which isn't running mail server
software?

I'm using a qmail and spamassassin/clamav setup for the mail server.

What are your experiences with mail servers inside domU?

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
Lars E. D. Jensen - DCmedia