Re: [Xen-users] VT/IVT enabled xen version

> Cool. I don't remember seeing that in the road-map page as part of the
> 3.0 new features list...

That list probably needs updating again...

> Do you believe VT will simplify the execution of Windows OS XEN domain?
> I guess that until VT virtualizes the whole platform and not just the
> CPU (which we got with current VT), we will still need xend-Windows
> version.

Yes, it will.  In VT mode, Xen and dom0 co-operate to simulate the rest of the
devices of the PC platform - that code is in the current unstable tree.  For
full performance, you'd probably still install versions of the Xen device
drivers once the domain was up and running, however.

The code in the unstable tree can run an unmodified Linux install in a VT-mode
virtual machine already.  Further work is required to get Windows booting,
since (IIRC) it uses a load of 16 bit cruft which is not currently supported.
I'm not sure that Windows support will be available for 3.0 but it will
become available eventually.

Cheers,
Mark