[Xen-devel] programmatic breakpoint for a guest?

To: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] programmatic breakpoint for a guest?
From: Bob Jung <Bob.Jung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 14:31:09 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 15:54:16 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi there,

Sorry I'm not sure if this is the correct mailing list for this question - I
already tried tools and didn't get any replies - please let me know if I should
repost somewhere else.

Anyways, I've been using some of the API's in libxc to look at memory of a
guest using the *xc_interface functions.

I was wondering - is there a way using libxc or some other api's to set and
respond to breakpoints on a guest vm?  If so are there any examples out there?
The ability to single step would also be useful in my situation.

Note - I'm NOT talking about connecting to a guest with a gdb client - I want
to do this programmatically

Thanks!
-Bob