RE: [Xen-devel] RE: Resend: RE: enable_ats_device() call site

>>> On 20.09.11 at 20:02, "Kay, Allen M" <allen.m.kay@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for the reminder.  This has slip through the cracks.  The patch look
> good.  With this patch, we shouldn't need the existing call to
> pci_enable_acs() in setup_dom0_devices(), correct?

Ah, indeed, I didn't even pay attention to this.

But you didn't say anything about the subject of the mail, which is
what keeps me from pushing the (incomplete) patch.

> I agree that the same problem exists for bus-to-bridge mapping function
> pci_scan_device().  By the way, we probably should take the opportunity to
> give it a proper name that reflects to the true purpose of this function.

It's not that far off, if you mean scan_pci_devices() (and
_scan_pci_devices() once the multi-seg patches get committed).
What alternative name were you thinking of?

Also, if the bus2bridge data got maintained dynamically (i.e. out of
pci_{add,remove}_device()), I would think these functions could go
away again (and hence renaming them would become mute).

Jan