[Xen-devel] Re: computer stalls instead of reboot

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: computer stalls instead of reboot
From: Sven Köhler <sven.koehler@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 01:40:18 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 16:39:01 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Am 09.09.2011 01:17, schrieb Andrew Cooper:
> Does your "remote" method involve actually pushing the reset button, and
> does this method actually work under normal circumstances?

I think, there is a device connected to the connector on the
motherboard, to which the reset button would normally be attached.

> As for the problem itself, do you have C states enabled in the BIOS?
> This sounds similar to several errata published for the i7 series.

I'm not sure how to tell whether C states are disabled/enabled.
What would those BIOS options typically be called?

Also, should I enable or disable them, in order to workaround those
errata that you mention?

Should those errors have occurred with xen 3.x as well, if those were a
result of the errata you mention?

Regards,
  Sven