[Xen-devel] Re: AMD IOMMU intremap tables and IOAPICs

To: George Dunlap <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: AMD IOMMU intremap tables and IOAPICs
From: Wei Wang2 <wei.wang2@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 13:18:33 +0200
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 04:17:07 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tuesday 06 September 2011 17:47:59 George Dunlap wrote:
> Wei,
>
> Quick question:  Am I reading the code correctly, that even with
> per-device interrupt remap tables, that GSIs are accounted to the
> intremap table of the corresponding IOAPIC, presumably because the
> IOMMU sees interrupts generated as GSIs as coming from the IOAPIC?  In
> that case, then we need all devices sharing the same IOAPIC must not
> have any vector collisions.  Is that correct?
>
>  -George

That is true.  All legacy devices have to send interrupts to IOMMU via IOAPIC.
So even we use per-device table. All devices attached to the same IOAPIC will
use the same interrupt table. There should be no vector collisions.
Per-device table only makes sense for MSI devices or systems with multiple
IOAPICs.

Thanks
Wei