[Xen-devel] RE: Issues about domU suspending/resuming

To: "Keir Fraser" <keir.xen@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] RE: Issues about domU suspending/resuming
From: "Gustavo Pimentel" <gustavo.pimentel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 09:29:48 +0100
Cc: rshriram@xxxxxxxxx, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 01:31:03 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I used the attached file (suspend_resume.c) in order to generate a log
interpreted by a "homemade" program wrote by me to create a graph analysis of
the suspend/resume of a guest during 30 minutes with suspend/resume cycles of
100ms.
If you observe the ChartAnalysis.png you can see during the 30 minutes of the
suspend/resume test of the guest is very consistent, but it happen about 6
spikes (3 of them reaching about 400ms, about 600 to 700 times more than the
normal average). This test as perform with no CPU load on the dom0 and domU. I
leave you here some stats:

Minimum=0.468 ms
Arithmetic Mean=0.652 ms
Geometric Mean=0.552 ms