Re: [Xen-devel] Questions on EPT dump and creation

Hi,

At 16:45 +0800 on 22 Jul (1311353108), YAO wrote:
> Thanks for your reply, I reviewed my code and found some confusing things:
> We know the p2m top-level page is allocated in function "p2m_alloc_table"
> which called p2m_alloc_ptp,
> then the eptp can be assigned to point to this page.
> An example looks like "mfn of page = 0xd4ec2, eptp = 0xd4ec201e" (I have 4G
> mem, Xen is 32bit PAE)
>
> But when I allocate my p2m_top page, the mfn looks very strange----"mfn =
> 0x117b21".

That MFN is at about 380MiB above 4GiB, which looks normal for a machine
with 4GiB of RAM.  If you look at the e820 RAM map that Xen prints at
boot it will show you how your memory is laid out.

Tim.

--
Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Principal Software Engineer, Xen Platform Team