Re: [Xen-devel] crash due to frequent access to csched_dom

To: David Xu <davidxu06@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] crash due to frequent access to csched_dom
From: George Dunlap <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 18:14:46 +0100
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, George Dunlap <george.dunlap@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 10:17:24 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=4zGYyx+3HjbKyomHwu6rrKfhRYAiJmBfSjf4H8vkQ10=; b=bPCGblUW8oXlBIVxYgh9DTJceANRKU7X/oBKpidZGUsTYkhEqXql0zn94yZSoUphPl RIMvUZs5hVHVaQfDcYcPgZY+ZhGZJSnkS+Ry6STgcwSOUisHPWhF94WC+b2vGt3uRXKW 2blUD52UziMIO1C85pW1f3yfSm3LscZ5K1zFA=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 7:42 PM, David Xu <davidxu06@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sorry, I do not have the serial port device now. It seems I can not access
> to csched_dom struct frequently during scheduling tick. For example, in each
> schedule tick, I will adjust the runqueue sequence according to the latency
> (another parameter added by myself) and remained credits of each domainU.
> This part code is added to the csched_vcpu_acct() or csched_runq_sort(). I
> also try accessing to sdom->weight, it also does not work. OK, I will try to
> set up a serial console firstly. Thanks very much.

What's probably happening is that you're breaking invariants, and
hitting a "BUG_ON" or "ASSERT" somewhere else in the code.  While
you're getting your serial card set up, you could look at those
statements and see if your changes might be triggering any of them.

 -George