RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: [Xen-devel] No C-States any longer...(it's not o

To: Carsten Schiers <carsten@xxxxxxxxxx>, "mark.langsdorf@xxxxxxx" <mark.langsdorf@xxxxxxx>, xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: [Xen-devel] No C-States any longer...(it's not over!)
From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 15:29:15 +0800
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Yu, Ke" <ke.yu@xxxxxxxxx>, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 00:32:51 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

this is the generic Linux ACPI logic, so you may report to Linux upstream for
their
opinion.

> Some other thoughts where I see the code needs changes:
>
>   - even if spec says that either PBLK or _CST should implement, C1 should be
> set up (solves issue with mainboard 1)
>   - when C2/C3 are above limits (100/1000), C1 still should be set up (solves
> issue with mainboard 2)

yes, I agree that C1 should be always present regardless of platform difference,
as long as cpuidle is enabled in Xen. I'll try to work out a patch and CC you
when
it's ready.

Thanks
Kevin