[Xen-devel] Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 06/11] exec.c: refactor cpu_physical
On 19 June 2011 04:39, Alexander Graf <agraf@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> From: Stefano Stabellini <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Introduce qemu_ram_ptr_length that takes an address and a size as
> parameters rather than just an address.
> Refactor cpu_physical_memory_map so that we call qemu_ram_ptr_length only
> once rather than calling qemu_get_ram_ptr one time per page.
> This is not only more efficient but also tries to simplify the logic of
> the function.
This change breaks cpu_physical_memory_map() in the case where
the passed in physical memory address corresponds to a RAM block
which has been mapped in at multiple physical addresses. Specifically,
for Versatile Express this means we abort() when framebuffer_update_display()
calls cpu_physical_memory_map() for an address which is in the second
> +/* Return a host pointer to guest's ram. Similar to qemu_get_ram_ptr
> + * but takes a size argument */
> +void *qemu_ram_ptr_length(target_phys_addr_t addr, target_phys_addr_t *size)
qemu_get_ram_ptr() takes a ramaddr_t, not a target_phys_addr_t;
so should this, because we're just looking through the ram_list
without doing physaddr to ramaddr translation.
Conceptually size should also be a ram_addr_t*, although if you
do that you can't just pass the plen pointer through to it.
The old implementation of cpu_physical_memory_map() worked
because it created the address to pass to qemu_get_ram_ptr()
from the p->phys_offset it got from phys_page_find(). The
new implementation needs to do something similar, not just pass
a target_phys_addr_t to qemu_ram_ptr_length().
> + fprintf(stderr, "Bad ram offset %" PRIx64 "\n", (uint64_t)addr);
> + abort();
> + *size = 0;
> + return NULL;
There doesn't seem much point in having code following an abort().
Xen-devel mailing list
|<Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread>
[Xen-devel] [PATCH 11/11] xen: Add the Xen platform pci device, Alexander Graf
[Xen-devel] Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL] Xen Patch Queue, Anthony Liguori
- [Xen-devel] [PATCH 09/11] xen: only track the linear framebuffer, (continued)
- [Xen-devel] [PATCH 09/11] xen: only track the linear framebuffer, Alexander Graf
- [Xen-devel] [PATCH 01/11] xen: Add xc_domain_add_to_physmap to xen_interface., Alexander Graf
- [Xen-devel] [PATCH 08/11] cirrus_vga: reset lfb_addr after a pci config write if the BAR is unmapped, Alexander Graf
- [Xen-devel] [PATCH 04/11] xen: remove qemu_map_cache_unlock, Alexander Graf
- [Xen-devel] [PATCH 10/11] xen: fix interrupt routing, Alexander Graf
- [Xen-devel] [PATCH 05/11] xen: remove xen_map_block and xen_unmap_block, Alexander Graf
- [Xen-devel] [PATCH 03/11] xen: fix qemu_map_cache with size != MCACHE_BUCKET_SIZE, Alexander Graf
- [Xen-devel] [PATCH 02/11] xen: Introduce VGA sync dirty bitmap support, Alexander Graf
- [Xen-devel] [PATCH 07/11] xen: mapcache performance improvements, Alexander Graf
- [Xen-devel] [PATCH 06/11] exec.c: refactor cpu_physical_memory_map, Alexander Graf
- [Xen-devel] Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 06/11] exec.c: refactor cpu_physical_memory_map,
Peter Maydell <=