Re: [Xen-devel] Memory Sharing

To: Lakshitha Harshan <harshan.dll@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Memory Sharing
From: Jui-Hao Chiang <juihaochiang@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 19:34:59 -0400
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 16:35:42 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=Y4yOMJFpyR1Xz3UphCkU4QmgtbYVtIKOJQhN9WGYv+s=; b=UJGwQIbJeqRTQNIF8X8bSy2x/my7kvG3+bUjMgNrXYINNvNZMFggaxnyx33NsyePKb JJriws0SMUiqWxO30bRNimpuTxTizt6+Y+IkOhZvXkHD0oXIDF3qMnVsyfrG4kKDc3KJ 6MKb/cX4xYazkTm8oQfMeAjqsyDNuwy+iXIkI=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, Harshan;

The share() in mem_sharing.c doesn't check if the content two pages
(handles) are the same. The function simply drop the 2nd one (client
handle), and that's why you got all VMs crash except the domU which is
used for getting the handles (shandles).
You have to use memcmp or some other way in share() function to make
sure they are actually the same.

Bests,
Jui-Hao