Re: [Xen-devel] 5x dom0 memory increase from Xen/Linux 3.4/2.6.18 to 4.1

To: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] 5x dom0 memory increase from Xen/Linux 3.4/2.6.18 to 4.1/3.0.0
From: Anthony Wright <anthony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 16:31:11 +0100 (BST)
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 08:31:59 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lowering swiotlb helped, and got me down to 200M for dom0. What is the effect
of reducing this value?

I set CONFIG_XEN_MAX_DOMAIN_MEMORY down to 8, but that didn't seem to have any
effect on dom0's memory requirement. What is this value? Does it only apply to
a domU's memory usage?

I tried the memblock=debug options, and while I got lots of output, I could see
very little on the subject of memory usage.

I'm at 4x memory usage, which is better, but I'd really like to understand
where all the memory's going.

thanks,

Anthony.