RE: RE: RE: RE: [Xen-devel] No C-States any longer...

To: Carsten Schiers <carsten@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: RE: RE: RE: [Xen-devel] No C-States any longer...
From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 15:12:22 +0800
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 00:13:34 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You can argue that point. It exits at current point because typical BIOS
provide either CST or valid FADT/PBLK info. Of course even when ACPI
table is broken we can still make a valid C1 entry. But also note that even
when such ACPI Cstate information is not gathered, the kernel always
invokes hlt when system is idle which achieves the effect. :-)

Thanks
Kevin