1. I try to boot a raw image with hda under Xen hypervisor converted by VMWARE vmdk image with scsi, but fail to boot with error message “Error loading operating system” below”.
Who can give me a favor?
2. Under vSphere, create a windows XP VM with scsi storage then install a windows XP to the SCSI storage called xp.vmdk in the VM via iso file. Can successfully boot the VM under VMWARE hypervisor. Shutdown the VM.
3. Use tool qemu-img to convert the vmware VM image xp.vmdk to raw image called xp.raw
4. Create a XEN VM with hda to xp.raw. During booting the XEN VM, will appear the error message “Error loading operating system” below.
5. I modify ide.c and rombios.c in xen hypervisor per the following link then rebuild hypervisor then replace “qemu-img and hvmload” with the built ones, but still fail to successfully boot with the same error message.
Note: My Xen platform is the CentOS5.5 64bit bundled with Xen 3.1.2.
Linux 2.6.18-194.8.1.el5xen #1 SMP Thu Feb 10 11:27:38 CST 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
xen_major : 3
xen_minor : 1
xen_extra : .2-194.8.1.el5