Re: [Xen-devel] xl - no support for DRBD disks?

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 3:48 AM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 2011-05-08 at 04:24 +0100, Shriram Rajagopalan wrote:
> I tried to create a domain with drbd based disk as the backend
> "drbd:<resourcename>,..," and I get a "unknown disk type" error.
>
> I can spin out a patch if needed, but just wanted to know apriori if
> this was left out for any specific reason.

Not deliberate AFAIK.

The intention is to make xl callout to a script whose name is derived
from the initial part of the disk definition (e.g. the drdb part,
similarly for iscsi and so on).

So, the "callout to a script" functionality is already available as part of
the scripts in /etc/xen/scripts/. This includes a call out to
block-drbd (supplied by DRBD package)
block-nbd, block-enbd (supplied as part of xen tree). Cant we just re-use them
or is there some xend specific aspect to those scripts?

shriram
IanJ was looking at overhauling disk handling, including that
functionality.

Ian.