Re: [Xen-devel] libxenstore from 4.1 incompatible with xenstore from 4.0

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 04:15:05PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Bastian Blank writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] libxenstore from 4.1 incompatible with
> xenstore from 4.0"):
> > On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 03:57:00PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > > With which callers of libxenstore are you seeing this as a problem ?
> > The hotplug scripts. They use XENBUS_PATH provided by the kernel, which
> > is relative.
> I don't understand why this isn't a problem for us.  What is different
> about your setup ?

Take Xen 4.0 and the libxenstore from 4.1 and see if it still works. As
long as you consider Xen with all its parts inseparable this is no
problem. However, the ABI names makes no sense then.

Debian unstable ships one libxenstore (which is 4.1 in the meantime) but
may use several versions of the core Xen tools depending on the
hypervisor.

Bastian

--
... bacteriological warfare ... hard to believe we were once foolish
enough to play around with that.