Re: [Xen-devel] credit2 in xen

To: cc Luit <universalbillow@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] credit2 in xen
From: George Dunlap <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 10:40:24 +0000
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 02:41:34 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=X05v2YvtAX5nKhqdw5ZaCWdeH/tv975vEj12NvAduiY=; b=Hb7ZxAC2QjoAsjLIifLndAB21ud3Ezvx5B2nawKJl3CzPWfMC1aaX02Aa3+u1J5EP1 7A2QS8ekUX5yw9tJVDdg+pE/zn8St8jj1T1hYK/QJuFBGHwSJ5f0btfckLGMaZmuTMFq XvEftYWGohlW3usFBnMYTnHol9ZMgbZjRq+IQ=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Googling "credit2 scheduler" gives you this page as the first result:

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/Credit2_Scheduler_Development

At the bottom is a link to a whitepaper and slides, giving about all
of the written information that there is about credit2 outside of the
code itself.

If after reading those you have more questions, feel free to ask them here.

Credit2 will be in Xen 4.1 as the non-default scheduler.  It's being
tested regularly, so it should be reasonably bug-free.  The algorithm
still needs work, especially more testing and optimization.  But there
are probably workloads where it will work better than credit1.

 -George