[Xen-devel] ia64 missing hvmloader and friends.

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] ia64 missing hvmloader and friends.
From: "Julio C. Ortega" <jortega@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 18:14:19 -0430
Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 14:45:21 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello all.

I've recently started using Xen 4.0.2rc3 under ia64.

Altough "xm info" shows hvm capabilities (and the CPU certainly supports
it, AFAIK, has VT-x) hvmtools and friends don't get builded.

I've made sure to have all the build dependencies (dev86, bcc and such)
altough when i build/install hvmloader doesn't show up. DomU creation
under this schema fails to load it, and it isn't on any xen installed path.

I'm assuming that maybe it's because hvmloader it's an ia32/x86_64
binary, but i'm not really sure, and also, don't know for sure if HVM
it's a work in progress under itanium 2.

Any info to clarify would be greatly appreciated.

Have a nice day.

--
Julio C. Ortega