[Xen-devel] Re: xen-qemu-dm-4.0 fails to build in SID

To: Thomas Goirand <zigo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: xen-qemu-dm-4.0 fails to build in SID
From: Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 17:56:35 +0000
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Stefano Stabellini <Stefano.Stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 09:58:56 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(xen-devel added to the CC)

Thomas Goirand writes ("xen-qemu-dm-4.0 fails to build in SID"):
> Someone sent this bug report against my package:

> Indeed, when I try to build in SID currently, it does:
>
>   LINK  i386-dm/qemu-dm
> /usr/bin/ld: ../libqemu_common.a(paaudio.o): undefined reference to
> symbol 'pa_strerror@@PULSE_0'
> /usr/bin/ld: note: 'pa_strerror@@PULSE_0' is defined in DSO
> //usr/lib64/libpulse.so.0 so try adding it to the linker command line
> //usr/lib64/libpulse.so.0: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Hrm.

> As I understand, $(LIBS) should be put at the very end of the gcc
> command line when building. But the issue is that digging the Makefile
> isn't easy, and I was currently not able to locate where to modify.

Yes.  It's nontrivial.  We have made changes to fix these problems, we
hope, in xen-4.1-testing (now in codefreeze for the imminent Xen 4.1.0
release).  Can you confirm whether 4.1-testing works ?

I don't think we have any plans to backport those Makefile changes to
4.0; they're quite extensive.

Ian.