[Xen-devel] task_struct in xen

To: Xen Devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] task_struct in xen
From: "Nimgaonkar, Satyajeet" <SatyajeetNimgaonkar@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 20:39:53 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Delivery-date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 12:40:42 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
    I am working on modifying Xen 3.4.3 for a security related project. I wanted to access the struct task_struct for a particular process running in DOM U. struct task_struct is a process descriptor maintained by the operating system. In linux it is usually present in linux/sched.h and it contains information such as process address space, process's state etc. for a particular process. I went through the xen 3.4.3 source code and found a relevant structure in
xen-3.4.3/build-linux-2.6.18-xen_x86_64/include/asm-x86_64/asm-offsets.h
called #define tsk_pid 308 /* offsetof(struct task_struct, pid)        # */
Can some one please tell me if this is the correct structure to access the struct task_struct by passing the pid of a process. Also it would be great if someone could redirect me to some examples currently used in xen.

Thank you very much

Regards,
Jeet