Re: [Xen-devel] NUMA problem with AMD G34 system

To: Andre Przywara <andre.przywara@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] NUMA problem with AMD G34 system
From: Brian Marcotte <marcotte@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 06:29:58 -0500
Cc: Brian Marcotte <marcotte@xxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 03:34:16 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> The SRAT CPU table seems sane, but the memory table seems to say
> that there is no memory on node 1 and 3, thus Xen will simply put
> those CPUs to node 0 as it cannot cope with memory-less nodes.

Ah. I think that's what was causing my confusion. Since the cpu-to-node
mapping was unbalanced and Xen wasn't complaining, I thought for sure
this was a problem with Xen and newer CPUs and I'd need to help with
debugging the problem.

In this case, I suppose I'll remove a CPU and rearrange the memory
until it's time to add more memory.

Thanks.

--
- Brian