[Xen-devel] About XCP OpenNebula integration

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] About XCP OpenNebula integration
From: Tino Vazquez <tinova@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 19:25:52 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 20:43:42 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear list,

We (the OpenNebula Team) are very interested in integrating OpenNebula
with XCP. At the moment, OpenNebula can interface with the Xen
hypervisor, but since XCP appears to be much more than just Xen, I
would like to ask a couple of questions to the XCP developers in order
to define the direction we may take on this integration.

 * At the moment, ONE creates a text file that describes the VM in
terms that Xen understands, and this is processed by the "xm" command.
In XCP, there is a "xe" command with a completely different set of
options. The question is: can the same text file be used to launch a
VM in XCP? Or the approach must be something different, using the
functionality offered by "xe" or by XAPI?

* Can we get access to the "xm" command on a XCP server? Is there ways
to access the built in Xen hypervisor? Or XCP is so different that
this is not possible?

We would appreciate any feedback on this. We are committed to
integrate OpenNebula and XCP, so any help will be more than welcome.

Regards,

-Tino

--
Constantino Vázquez Blanco, MSc
OpenNebula Major Contributor  / Cloud Researcher