Re: [Xen-devel] xl: drdb support

Stefano Stabellini writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] xl: drdb support"):
> this is a quote from your document:
>
> So for Linux PV guests, users are recommended to supply xvd* devices
> only.  Modern PV drivers will map these to identically-named devices
> in the guest.

Yes.  But existing setups which specify sd* must still work.  Because
we must continue to support the configuration inside those old guests
which expects sd*.

So using sd* with Linux is deprecated but (a) it should still be in
the document and (b) this is a fact which is decided on by those who
develop Linux, not by Xen.

Using sd* with other PV guests is entirely supported and reasonable.
I don't have a complete inventory of which guests support what.

Ian.