Re: [Xen-devel] Crash on boot with 2.6.37-rc8-git3

To: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Crash on boot with 2.6.37-rc8-git3
From: M A Young <m.a.young@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 23:11:03 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 15:12:19 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 5 Jan 2011, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:

Ahh, I hit this. Can you try 'stable/bug-fixes' branch of mine?
It has "xen/irq: Don't fall over when nr_irqs_gsi > nr_irqs." patch
which will fix the below problem you are seeing.

But I am not sure if it fixes the problem you are having with hardware?

That fixes the kvm boot, but unfortunately booting directly on the hardware doesn't. Incidentally it is definitely turning debug options off that trigger the crash, as I realized I was building a kernel-debug package as well as a kernel package from the same source RPM, and it boots with the debug kernel but not the ordinary kernel.

        Michael Young