Re: [Xen-devel] Re: XEN boot hangs at ACPI: PCI Root Bridge [PCI0] (0000

To: Neobiker <neo1106@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: XEN boot hangs at ACPI: PCI Root Bridge [PCI0] (0000:00)
From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 17:19:53 -0500
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 14:20:47 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 09:16:35AM -0800, Neobiker wrote:

> Hi Konrad,
>
> many folks need to use the Xenlinux Kernel due to missing features in pvops
> kernel...
> For me (neobiker), it's at a minimum pvusb for my VDR System which uses an
> usb device for DVB-S :-)

You could also do PCI passthrough of your USB card to the domain..

> I also use a usb printer on my printer DomU.
>
> Also, i think it is interesting, why the kernel doesn't work at this point,
> the xen 4.0.2-rc1-pre version starts nowadays on this host - very strange
> behaviour.

That might be due to the fact that the drivers (2.6.`8.8) aren't up-to-date
on your new box. You can also find out more details if pass in the Xen
hypervisor
command line "sync_console console_to_ring " and in the Linux command line:
"loglevel=8 debug initcall_debug"

That should show you why and exactly where it fails in the bootup. The thing
you are seeing isn't actually the failure, it occurs later on but the output
is buffered and it never reaches Xen hypervisor unless you use those command
line
arguments I mentioned.