Re: [Xen-devel] [PATCH V4 0/6] firmware changes as part of QEMU/Xen merg
I applied patches 2/6 and 3/6, and also the Xen component of 1/6. This is as
of xen-unstable changeset 22339.
Note that I made substantial changes to 2/6 and 3/6 -- your versions did
complex compound operations to the per-domain io-handler list with no locks
held. Not good. I replaced unregister_handler with relocate_handler which
only needs to change the address field of a handler -- much safer with no
locks held! We could add more locking, but doesn't really some worth it just
So take a look at and test what I checked in. Everything else I don't need
to review and can go in as soon as at least Ian Jackson is happy with it.
On 29/10/2010 16:39, "anthony.perard@xxxxxxxxxx" <anthony.perard@xxxxxxxxxx>
> From: Anthony PERARD <anthony.perard@xxxxxxxxxx>
> This patches are for Xen-unstable and Qemu-DM.
> With the integration of Xen into QEMU, we would like to minimise the change
> and use the ACPI implementation of QEMU. So there are some change to make on
> the firmware to match the QEMU's BIOS. Some IO Ports are different and the
> sleep state values are different.
> Changhe v3->v4:
> - Rename HVM_PARAM_ACPI_NEW_IOPORT to HVM_PARAM_ACPI_IOPORTS_LOCATION
> - Better comment for HVM_PARAM_ACPI_IOPORTS_LOCATION.
> Change v2->v3:
> Xen will register the old ioport by default and switch to the new ioport if
> HVM_PARAM_ACPI_NEW_IOPORT is set. So, this series come with a new function,
> unregister_io_handler, and a new HVM_PARAM.
> Change v1->v2:
> This time, both old and new ioport are handled.
> In QEMU-Xen, the choice between one or the other is made when a saved state is
> In Xen, both ioports are registered.
> Anthony PERARD (5):
> firmware, Change ACPI IO addresses and values to match QEMU BIOS.
> xen, Introduce unregister_io_handler
> xen, Introduce pmtimer_change_ioport and
> firmware, Set HVM_PARAM_ACPI_IOPORTS_LOCATION
> libxc, save/restore, Save the HVM_PARAM_ACPI_IOPORTS_LOCATION
> tools/firmware/hvmloader/acpi/dsdt.asl | 12 ++++++------
> tools/firmware/hvmloader/hvmloader.c | 11 +++++++++++
> tools/libxc/xc_domain_restore.c | 20 ++++++++++++++++++++
> tools/libxc/xc_domain_save.c | 10 ++++++++++
> tools/libxc/xg_save_restore.h | 1 +
> xen/arch/x86/hvm/hvm.c | 9 +++++++++
> xen/arch/x86/hvm/intercept.c | 26 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> xen/arch/x86/hvm/pmtimer.c | 26 ++++++++++++++++++++++++--
> xen/include/asm-x86/hvm/io.h | 8 ++++++++
> xen/include/asm-x86/hvm/vpt.h | 1 +
> xen/include/public/hvm/ioreq.h | 16 +++++++++++++---
> xen/include/public/hvm/params.h | 12 +++++++++++-
> 12 files changed, 140 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)
> QEMU-Xen change:
> Anthony PERARD (1):
> piix4acpi: change in ACPI to match the change in the BIOS.
> hw/piix4acpi.c | 99 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------
> 1 files changed, 82 insertions(+), 17 deletions(-)
Xen-devel mailing list
|<Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread>|
- [Xen-devel] [PATCH V4 0/6] firmware changes as part of QEMU/Xen merge., anthony . perard
- [Xen-devel] [PATCH V4 1/6] firmware, Change ACPI IO addresses and values to match QEMU BIOS., anthony . perard
- [Xen-devel] [PATCH V4 4/6] firmware, Set HVM_PARAM_ACPI_IOPORTS_LOCATION, anthony . perard
- [Xen-devel] [PATCH V4 2/6] xen, Introduce unregister_io_handler, anthony . perard
- [Xen-devel] [PATCH V4 3/6] xen, Introduce pmtimer_change_ioport and HVM_PARAM_ACPI_IOPORTS_LOCATION., anthony . perard
- [Xen-devel] [PATCH V4 5/6] libxc, save/restore, Save the HVM_PARAM_ACPI_IOPORTS_LOCATION, anthony . perard
- [Xen-devel] [PATCH V4 6/6] piix4acpi: change in ACPI to match the change in the BIOS., anthony . perard
- Re: [Xen-devel] [PATCH V4 0/6] firmware changes as part of QEMU/Xen merge.,
Keir Fraser <=