Re: [Xen-devel] PCI Passthrough Problems/Questions

To: Nick Couchman <Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] PCI Passthrough Problems/Questions
From: Weidong Han <weidong.han@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 10:54:52 +0800
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx" <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 19:55:51 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nick Couchman wrote:
"Han, Weidong"  10/27/10 10:38 PM >>>
I don't want xend.log. I want xen log (xm dmesg or captured by serial port).
And pls also post qemu log (/var/log/xen/dm-qemu-xxx.log).

Sorry about that, attached are the output from xm dmesg and the qemu-dm-XP.log
file.

qemu-dm-XP.log looks fine. Per "xm dmesg" log, unmap[ing and mapping 00:02.0 and 00:02.1 are no problem. But why are there many unmap and map (d1 -> d5)? did you create guest 5 times? Could you describe the crash you encountered? BTW, the "xm dmesg" log looks not complete, it should include following logs when you create hvm guest:
(XEN) HVM1: HVM Loader
(XEN) HVM1: Detected Xen v4.0.0-rc3-pre
(XEN) HVM1: CPU speed is 2533 MHz

and pls add "iommu=verbose" in grub to get more VT-d info.

Regards,
Weidong