[Xen-devel] Re: xen PV on HVM and initial domain merge in linux-next

Hi Stefano,

[just casting the net a bit wider ...]

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 18:51:47 +0100 Stefano Stabellini
<stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I forgot to CC the LKML and linux-next...
>
> On Tue, 19 Oct 2010, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
> > Stephen,
> > I have two patch series to merge in linux-next:
> >
> > PV on HVM: receive interrupts as xen events
> > xen: initial domain support
> >
> > they have all the acked-by needed and are both stable since several
> > weeks, however they depend on Konrad's xen-pcifront series and for this
> > reason I waited until now to ask for a merge in linux-next.
> >
> > Could you please pull:
> >
> > git://xenbits.xen.org/people/sstabellini/linux-pvhvm.git
> > linux-next-initial-domain-v4
> >
> > it contains both series rebased on Konrad's pcifront series merged on
> > linux-next (warning: it still contains the merge commit of
> > xen-pcifront-0.8.2 in linux-next).
> > Let me know if you have any conflicts or if you need me to change the
> > branch somehow.

Not following the Xen develpment at all, I would like to have a positive
reply from the listed Xen contacts, please,

I do have concerns that this is turning up so late, but I realise that
that is mainly due to a misunderstanding on the part of some of the Xen
community.

Also, the above tree is based on next-20101019 which means that I cannot
use it as is.  All the trees merged into linux-next must be base on some
other stable tree (almost always Linus' tree).  linux-next is rebuilt
from scratch every day, so I cannot ever include a previous day's version.

Merging in other stable trees is OK (as long as the other maintainer is
aware of that and makes sure that their tree does not reabse).

Basically what you send to me should be what you intend to send to Linus
during the next merge window.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx