Re: [Xen-devel] Send A Fake PS/2 Packet to QEMU and Mouse Pointer on PV

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Send A Fake PS/2 Packet to QEMU and Mouse Pointer on PV OS
From: Felix Kuperjans <felix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 15:20:10 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 06:25:54 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 I can only answer your third question:

You can switch to using ALSA with qemu (no idea why this is *not* the
default), e.g. by recompiling xen-tools with the attached patch. In KVM,
a QEMU_AUDIO_DRV="alsa" environment variable works, too. No idea whether
XEN accepts it or not.

Another way with further control would be to use PulseAudio in the Dom0
and in the DomUs (I think there is even a windows port), which is able
to send the audio data over network connections, so you won't need any
virtual sound cards. I have no setup/tutorial at hand, but it should be
easy to find on the internet.

Regards,
Felix