Re: [Xen-devel] xl: multiple domain with the same name allowed?

On Tue, 2010-09-14 at 17:37 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Ian Campbell writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] xl: multiple domain with the same name
> allowed?"):
> > I htink xend has done this for a long time, I don't think it is a new
> > can of worms.
>
> Yes, xend has.  I'm not sure it even has a way of overriding it.
>
> How should we detect this situation ?  Look for instances of blktap
> and mounted filesystems and LVM having it open and ... ?  (I'm not
> even sure how it's possible to find out whether an LVM PV is "open"
> according to the LVM system.)

I don't really know the details but tools/hotplug/Linux/block contains
functions such as check_{device,file}_sharing() which I always presumed
was how xend ended up doing the right thing for shared devices. If
sharing is happening it appears to write the hotplug-error and
hotplug-status nodes in xenstore.

Ian.