Re: [Xen-devel] Xen device model support in QEMU

To: Stefano Stabellini <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen device model support in QEMU
From: Kamala Narasimhan <kamala.narasimhan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 11:31:09 -0400
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 08:31:48 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=0+fzYmnGU4ilkvhw3IhBWYbwOWNnECspi/DVTJoKxJM=; b=PqqqpWKIgQaOrsvB+GtFbD2JFcpf7R0JnKCZz+bVLUP/MeYQrUFMjO/Ncyn0sspXzt 4NqMv2EUN8OamMza85fpgcTY1RmW6Ou6Mym65UuSOa1d1VEP6Fwf6cIgVI++KFM5Ww2R 3DbZnVtd8uZuB6BPIgxD7N3gIrIL4W0Vt6dpU=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 11:17 AM, Stefano Stabellini
<stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Aug 2010, Kamala Narasimhan wrote:
>> 3) When I attempt to build after this point I get all kinds of errors
>> due to interface compatibility mentioned in #1 above.  Is there a
>> specific version of libxc/libxenstore/libxenctrl etc. and relevant
>> headers I should be using with this qemu?  If so, that would be good
>> to know as I would rather switch to a compatible interface than go
>> about fixing all the resulting build errors.
>>

> Anthony is mainly working with xen-unstable so I expect that building
> the new qemu against xen-unstable headers and libraries is the safest
> option.
> If you are having build issues please let us know (keep in mind that
> Anthony is on vacation this week so it might take some times to get
> all the answers you need).

Yes, I do encounter build issues while using headers from
staging/xen-unstable.  Most of them are in xen_disk.c, xen_backend.c
while calling methods like xc_interface_* or xc_gnttab_* etc.  They
are all trivial to fix locally though there are more than a few places
to fix.  I will make local changes to keep going and Anthony can
confirm and fix the issues when he is back.  I am not attaching the
build errors here as they are readily reproducible when using
staging/xen-unstable headers.

Kamala