Re: [Xen-devel] xen 4 only seeing one keyboard and mouse

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:

The one thing that is odd is that in 4.0 we start with vector 0x28 while
in 3.4 it is with 0x20.

It looks as if one vector is getten eaten. But that should not be such
an issue as the internal mapping of vector->irq is still proper...

I can tell you why that happens.
For 3.4 new vectors are allocated in the order 32,40,...,216 then 33,41,... etc. in assign_irq_vector from xen/arch/x86/irq.c For 4.0 new vectors are allocated in the order 40,48,...,216 then 33,41,... etc. in __assign_irq_vector from xen/arch/x86/irq.c So for 4.0 the allocation of vector 32 is never attempted, but as it is already reserved for IRQ_MOVE_CLEANUP_VECTOR this shouldn't matter.

        Michael Young