Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-4.0.1-rc5-pre] [pvops 2.6.32.16] Complete freeze wi

To: Sander Eikelenboom <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-4.0.1-rc5-pre] [pvops 2.6.32.16] Complete freeze within 2 days, no info in serial log
From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 11:45:41 -0400
Cc: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 08:48:00 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Aug 03, 2010 at 05:30:57PM +0200, Sander Eikelenboom wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm experiencing for what it seems a random freeze with current
> xen-4.0-testing, pvops dom0 2.6.32.16 kernel, most of the time within 2 days
> after rebooting.

You did not experience the freeze with 2.6.32.15?
> Symptoms:
> - Complete freeze, only power cycle does work.
> - No bug output/stacktrace in serial log / on screen.
> - Not able to get into hypervisor with ctrl-a (doesn't react to keyboard)
> - No info in syslog.
>
> Are there any more boot options I could give a try in the hope it will give
> some debug output ?

The Linux kernel has some of those 'DETECT_SPINLOCK_HANG' or
'DETECT_WORK..something' flags. It might be a good idea to compile those
and see when your machine freezes if after 2 minutes the kernel starts
spitting out what is hung. That could give some idea.