[Xen-devel] libxl: missing disk device feature and bugs in error path

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] libxl: missing disk device feature and bugs in error path
From: Christoph Egger <Christoph.Egger@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 14:15:17 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 05:15:57 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi!

In my guest config file I have this line:

disk = [ 'file:/hvm-guest/win7.img,ioemu:hda,w' ]

While 'xm create' parses this correctly,
'xl create' fails in libxl.c line 1474 where it
calls device_disk_dev_number(). disk->virtpath
contains "ioemu".

device_disk_dev_number() returns -1
and this results in the error message:

libxl: error: libxl.c:1455:libxl_device_disk_add Invalid or unuspported
virtual disk identifier ioemu

The follow-up error messages are:

libxl: error: libxl.c:851:libxl_domain_destroy pci shutdown failed for domid 1
libxl: error: libxl.c:809:libxl_destroy_device_model Couldn't find device
model's pid: N
o such file or directory
libxl: error: libxl.c:863:libxl_domain_destroy libxl_destroy_device_model
failed for 1

Looks like things are tried to get destroyed even when they are not
initialized.

Christoph

--
---to satisfy European Law for business letters:
Advanced Micro Devices GmbH