Re: [Xen-devel] Request integration of unstable changes into testing to

Bruce Edge writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] Request integration of unstable changes
into testing        to enable gdbsx."):
> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 8:33 AM, Ian Jackson
> <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
> > The way I would do it is like this:
> >  cd xen-4.0-testing.hg
> >  (cd ../xen-unstable.hg && hg export -r 29e545151078) | patch -Up1
>
> My hg has no -r opt. Is this an extension?

I misremembered the syntax; mine doesn't either.  I meant:

     cd xen-4.0-testing.hg
     (cd ../xen-unstable.hg && hg export 29e545151078) | patch -Up1

> I assume I can apply them one at a time instead?

The rune above applies one patch at a time.  You run it once for each
patch, and then do your build test.  If they don't apply cleanly
you'll need to do something more complicated as we'd appreciate a
ready, rebased, patch series to test and apply.

> 29e545151078 doesn't apply cleanly, there are other changes in
> xen-4.0-testing.hg/tools/Makefile.

Urgh.

> I can easily fix the patch rejects, but how does one resubmit these to hg?

When it gets like this, I use git.  I juse "hg-fast-export.sh" to
convert xen-unstable.hg to xen-unstable.git and then do my work with
git.

> Again, sorry, this is not an hg support forum, I know.

That's OK.  Perhaps someone else has a better answer.

Ian.