Re: [Xen-devel] xenpaging crashes xen in is_iomem_page()

On 26 July 2010 10:08, Olaf Hering <olaf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 26, Patrick Colp wrote:
>
>> I've not seen this error before. Does your computer have EPT support?
>
> You are right, its a slightly dated system. x86info shows:

> CPU #4
> EFamily: 0 EModel: 0 Family: 15 Model: 4 Stepping: 1
> CPU Model: Pentium 4 (Prescott) [E0]
> Processor name string: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.60GHz
>
> I need to move to another host, all of my systems lack EPT support.
>

> Is there a portable way to check for the EPT flag in xenpaging?

Yeah, this can be added. Probably not a bad idea, really. I actually
have some code to test if a machine has EPT enabled or not (by
borrowing some of the Xen start-up code which checks for things like
EPT), so it should be easy enough to roll that into functions that
xenpaging can use. I'll get on that right away.

Patrick