Re: [Xen-devel] pvfb: Absolute vs relative mouse tracking mystery

On 22 Jul 2010, at 09:52, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
Ok. And reading my own lines above, I realize F13 worked for me earlier,
but it was centos 5.5 that didn't work.

I'll have to re-test things here aswell :)

For F13 and RHEL6 you'll probably need the connected-state patches I posted a little while ago for F13 reliably though -- http://markmail.org/message/jtkqbgs5xw7vqvst -- they were committed to qemu-xen-unstable recently.  There was a different patch earlier that caused trouble which this patch fixed.

CentOS 5.5 (and RHEL5.5) deliberately turns off request-abs-pointer in favour of relative pointers.

The excuse given is that the RHEL5 X server isn't up to the job of dealing with absolute pointers.  The claim is that you get better responsiveness with relative pointers and a gtk-vnc-based viewers.

Having said that I fix the evdev driver, the various X configuration utilities and anaconda to get absolute pointers working in CentOS/RHEL5.4.

I haven't tried the same set of patches with 5.5 but I think a different approach is needed, one that doesn't need to touch quite so much of the Red Hat base.

jch