RE: [Xen-devel] HVM SMP linux guest hangs in cpu_idle() with EFLAGS.IF =

To: Gianni Tedesco <gianni.tedesco@xxxxxxxxxx>, Xen Devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] HVM SMP linux guest hangs in cpu_idle() with EFLAGS.IF = 1
From: "Nakajima, Jun" <jun.nakajima@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 10:56:00 -0700
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 10:56:53 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gianni Tedesco wrote on Wed, 21 Jul 2010 at 10:29:43:

> Another data-point I have on this but haven't mentioned here yet is that
> the userspace (anaconda) processes are usually hanging in
> tty_wait_until_sent() which is apparently why things are woken up by
> receiving a keypress on the serial line.
>
> At other times the hang occurs while userspace (hotplug, also anaconda)
> is waiting in do_poll() on a kernel netlink socket. In that case a
> keypress on serial line also wakes it (!!)

I'm not sure if I followed all the emails on the thread, but did you see such a
hang without serial connection? I had impression (i.e. kind of remember) serial
connection of Linux at boot time caused a hang especially with SMP (on native).

> Gianni Tedesco

Jun
___
Intel Open Source Technology Center