[Xen-devel] RE: Even faster page copy for Xen?

To: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] RE: Even faster page copy for Xen?
From: Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 16:36:12 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 16:39:04 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I wasn't sure about that... Jan's patch to speed up
copy_page (by 12%) went in before tmem was in-tree,
so I assumed otherwise.  Clearly my interest is for
tmem, especially if 2x-4x improvement is possible,
but if there really is no significant advantage for
non-tmem code, I will put it on my list... for sometime
in the next century when I am a good x86 assembly