RE: [Xen-devel] Help booting Xen under RHEL6 beta2

Thanks all for the replies.  I've made some good forward progress
but have run into another roadblock, so wanted to see if anyone
has seen any of this before:

Booting RHEL6 distro with xen-4.0-testing (64-bit) and a
2.6.32.16 dom0 kernel (config attached), I usually get:

dracut: Switching root
                Welcome to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server
                Press 'I' to enter interactive startup
Starting udev: init: rcS main process (439) killed by KILL signal
Kernel panic - not syncing: Out of memory and no killable processes

(Xen is definitely booting... but this is a laptop and
I haven't found a way to capture console output so am
copying text manually. Also, I've used this laptop
for a long time with a RHEL5 distro on it with no problems,
so it's highly likely any differences are due to RHEL6 vs RHEL5.)

Sometimes it gets past udev OK, completes the init scripts
and then gets stuck in a very slow loop repeatedly trying to
bring up the graphical console.  It is alive at this point...
I can ssh into it but the disk is being continually pounded
so I can't do anything useful.  I can "telinit 3" and the
graphical console cycling stops, but the disk continues
to scream.  I am now able to login on the laptop screen,
but again everything is VERY slow.  Eventually the
disk screaming stops...

Trying "service xend start" it eventually completes (with
a sequence of dots), but fails... logs attached.

I tried "xl info" but get "cannot init xl context".

I do have xenfs in my /etc/fstab and "ll /proc/xen"
shows everything normal.

By changing /etc/inittab to boot to runlevel 3, I can
avoid the graphics issue, but at the loss of ability
to VNC with a graphical display (which worked with
RHEL5).

I tried disabling selinux in /etc/selinux/config but
this made no difference.  Realizing that there might
be some never-before-tried-under-Xen service running
in this distro (e.g. ksm? libvirtd?), I've also
attached the output of "service --status-all".

Interestingly, vmstat seems to imply that the disk
activity is due to swapping as si/so are large when
the disk light is active and small/0 when the disk
light is off.  Why? No clue.  I tried disabling
ksm and ksmtuned, but no difference.  It does appear
with "top" that there are a lot of gnome apps
using a lot of memory, so all the swapping may
be completely unrelated to the Xen issues.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!
Dan

BTW, the 2.6.32.16 "dom0" kernel boots fine without Xen, which
may be a good litmus test to ensure the kernel and initramfs
are built properly.