Re: [Xen-devel] user-land tool for memory paging and memory sharing

To: Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] user-land tool for memory paging and memory sharing
From: Patrick Colp <pjcolp@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 10:37:29 -0700
Cc: Ky Srinivasan <ksrinivasan@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxx>, Grzegorz Milos <grzegorz.milos@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 10:38:21 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm not aware of any formal documentation on either of these things.

I would imagine that there are still some issues with both sharing and
paging that may not make it suitable for enterprise use. Of course, if
anybody would like to stress test them in "real-world" scenarios and
report any problems encountered (or patches), that would be greatly
appreciated. Certainly with the upcoming changes to the mem-event
interface, there are likely to be new bugs/issues introduced as well,
so it would seem reasonable to not want to rely too much on either
feature until that is a bit more solidified.

Patrick