[Xen-devel] One question to p2m type

To: Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] One question to p2m type
From: "Jiang, Yunhong" <yunhong.jiang@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 17:57:46 +0800
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 03:01:39 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tim, one question to the p2m type.
As you reminded before, in PAE environment, p2m type can only hold 8 types in
total, that means we should not have > p2m_grant_map_ro in p2m table.

However, I didn't find any code to make sure this. For example, I didn't find
any code to make sure mem_paging_domctl can't execut in PAE environment. Is it
because p2m_change_type to >8 type will only impact guet itself, and we don't
need to care for it?

Thanks
--jyh