Re: [Xen-devel] Which disk backend to use in domU?

Hi,

Ah, misunderstanding sorry, you were talking about disk images :)

Valtteri Kiviniemi kirjoitti:
Hi,

I am also using phy: with LVM-partitions, and I also would like to know if there is a better or more preferred way.

- Valtteri Kiviniemi

Neobiker kirjoitti:
Hello Jeremy,

Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
Using phy: in your config file? That really isn't recommended because it
has poor integrity; the writes are buffered in dom0 so writes can be
reordered or lost on crash, and the guest filesystem can't maintain any
of its own integrity guarantees.

tap:aio: is more resilient, since the writes go directly to the device
without buffering.

Do you mean that using tap:aio with a disk.image is prefered against using
phy: with LVM-device?

Best Regards
Jens Friedrich aka Neobiker (www.neobiker.de)