[Xen-devel] compile error Xen-4.0.0 on Debian squeeze

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] compile error Xen-4.0.0 on Debian squeeze
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 19:23:36 +1000
Delivery-date: Fri, 21 May 2010 02:24:34 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ebtables.c: In function âlist_emâ:
ebtables.c:325: warning: format â%lluâ expects type âlong long unsigned intâ,
but argument 2 has type âuint64_tâ
ebtables.c:325: warning: format â%lluâ expects type âlong long unsigned intâ,
but argument 3 has type âuint64_tâ
ebtables-standalone.c:5: warning: function declaration isnât a prototype
ebtables-standalone.c: In function âpseudomainâ:
ebtables-standalone.c:11: error: âreplaceâ undeclared (first use in this
function)
ebtables-standalone.c:11: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
once
ebtables-standalone.c:11: error: for each function it appears in.)
ebtables-standalone.c: At top level:
ebtables-standalone.c:16: error: redefinition of âpseudomainâ
ebtables-standalone.c:7: note: previous definition of âpseudomainâ was here

when I do 'hg diff' after recompiling lots of times I get strange things like:

+
+int pseudomain(int argc, char *argv[])
+{
+       _standard_init();
+       _imq_init();
+       _t_filter_init();
+
+       pseudomain(argc, argv);
+       return 0;
+}
+
+int pseudomain(int argc, char *argv[])
+{
+       _standard_init();
+       _imq_init();
+       _t_filter_init();
+
+       pseudomain(argc, argv);
+       return 0;
+}
(repeated about 10 times)

-void _init(void)
+void _imq_imq_imq_imq_imq_imq_imq_imq_imq_init(void)

-void _init(void)
+void
_standard_standard_standard_standard_standard_standard_standard_standard_standard_init(void)

+extern void _standard_init(void);
+extern void _imq_init(void);
+extern void _t_filter_init(void);
+extern void _standard_init(void);
+extern void _imq_init(void);
+extern void _t_filter_init(void);
+extern void _standard_init(void);
+extern void _imq_init(void);
+extern void _t_filter_init(void);
+extern void _standard_init(void);

And so on. This is a brand new system and I suspect that I'm missing a
dependency but I can't see any related warnings or messages.

James